MySQL/MariaDB – [ERROR] Plugin InnoDB registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed error

I was migrating server and rsync all databases to new mariadb server. When tried to start mariadb on new server, I was getting this error:

Apr 24 18:30:26 my.server.com mysqld[9703]: 2018-04-24 18:30:26 140298644924544 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
Apr 24 18:30:26 my.server.com mysqld[9703]: 2018-04-24 18:30:26 140298644924544 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
Apr 24 18:30:26 my.server.com mysqld[9703]: 2018-04-24 18:30:26 140298644924544 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
Apr 24 18:30:26 my.server.com mysqld[9703]: 2018-04-24 18:30:26 140298644924544 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
Apr 24 18:30:26 my.server.com mysqld[9703]: 2018-04-24 18:30:26 140298644924544 [ERROR] Aborting

Solution is to generate new ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 files. Just try steps bellow.

[root@lol ~]# cd /var/lib/mysql
[root@lol mysql]# mv ib_logfile0 ib_logfile0-backup 
[root@lol mysql]# mv ib_logfile1 ib_logfile1-backup
[root@lol mysql]# systemctl start mysql
[root@lol mysql]# mysql
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.

It should work.

Pure-FTPd: install valid SSL certificate / solve untrusted localhost certificate problem on CentOS 7

If you installed Pure-FTPD on your CentOS 7 machine and trying to install SSL certificate on it, chances are that you added your pem file to “/etc/ssl/private/”. I installed valid certificate in this directory and still getting untrusted warning for localhost certificate. Later, I found out that this path is wrong and self signed certificate was being used. Right path on CentOS 7 is “/etc/pki/pure-ftpd/”.

Here is how to do it right on Centos.

  • Create pem certificate that contains your key, crt and intermediate all in one file – pure-ftpd.pem
  • Move this certificate to /etc/pki/pure-ftpd/ as this is the right directory on CentOS.
  • In your pure-ftpd.conf, set TLS to 2.
  • Enable PassivePortRange from 30000 – 65000.
  • Restart pure-ftpd.

It should work.

Directadmin/Letsencrypt – Domain does not exist on the system. Unable to find your.hostname.com in /etc/virtual/domainowners

A few days ago I was doing complete migration of old Directadmin server to new Directadmin server which had different hostname. Everything went well but I was unable to register Letsencrypt SSL certificate for new server hostname.

I was getting error like this:

[root@myserver scripts]# ./letsencrypt.sh request my.server.com 4096
Domain does not exist on the system. Unable to find my.server.com in /etc/virtual/domainowners. Exiting...
no valid domain found - exiting

First thing I did is I add new hostname as domain to user admin. Certificate was indeed registered than, but not as server hostname (/usr/local/directadmin/conf/cacert.pem). I deleted domain than.

After a little search I found out that I forgot to change servername variable in directadmin.conf. So I changed it, restart directadmin but I was getting the same error. At the end I found out that the easiest way to fix this is to change hostname in Directadmin administration.

  1. Go to Directadmin as admin user and navigate to Administrator Settings, then set some temporary hostname in Server’s Hostname. Let’s say my.server2.com.
  2. Wait until cron will make changes – you should see new hostname in Administrator Settings when refreshing page.
  3. Go in Administrator Settings again and change Server’s Hostname to your old hostname – my.server.com.
  4. Run letsencrypt.sh again.

This time, certificate was registered successfully.

[root@myserver scripts]# ./letsencrypt.sh request my.server.com 4096
Setting up certificate for a hostname: my.server.com
Generating 4096 bit RSA key for let's encrypt account...
openssl genrsa 4096 > "/usr/local/directadmin/conf/letsencrypt.key"
Generating RSA private key, 4096 bit long modulus
...

malware acl condition: clamd: unable to send file body to socket (127.0.0.1)

If you see error like this in your mail logs, than chances are that your ClamAV is not able to process attachments files larger than limit set in clamav configuration. In this case, sender which sent email with larger attachment to your server, will get something like this in respond:

[10.10.10.10] #<[10.10.10.10] #5.0.0 smtp; 5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) [Default] 451-'Temporary local problem - please try later' (delivery attempts: 75)> #SMTP#

In your mail log you’ll see something like this:

+++ 1e248B-000NMy-T6 has not completed +++
1969-08-15 01:40:21 1e248B-000NMy-T6 malware acl condition: clamd : unable to send file body to socket (127.0.0.1)
1969-08-25 01:40:21 1e248B-000NMy-T6 H=some.hostname.com [1.1.1.1] X=TLSv1:RC4-SHA:128 CV=no F=<prvs=449d2f142=senders@email.com> temporarily rejected after DATA

To solve this, open your clamav.conf file (/etc/clamav.conf or find your location) and change value for StreamMaxLength according to your needs. Default value is 25M.

Don’t forget to restart your ClamAV.

© 2018 geegkytuts.net
Hosted by Hosterdam


About author